- We have been reading a ton lately. We cancelled our cable service and also have cut down on our streaming services–which gives us so much more time to read! Callie’s top choices lately are the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series and the Phoebe and Her Unicorn graphic novels. I just wrapped up The Light Between Oceans and Cilka’s Journey, the companion to The Tatooist of Auschwitz. Both were phenomenal.
- Callie started her dance lessons again and will be auditioning for Swan Lake in January! She just absolutely loves the dance studio and her instructor and we are so grateful to have found them.
- We have hot cocoa every day. Even on the days that it’s 75 degrees outside. Because it’s the Christmas season and that means hot cocoa with lots of marshmallows.
- Callie’s favorite breakfast food lately is eggs over easy. James will get up extra early to make them for her and it makes my heart so happy.
- We are thinking about having a celebration for the blog’s one year anniversary. I want to be able to tie it to giving back to the community somehow so if you have any ideas send them my way! I’m also always looking for an excuse to have a party!
- We do daily gratitude practice in the mornings on the way to school. I ask Callie to name three things she’s grateful for….that way we teach her to be on the lookout everyday for small things that bless her. It can be a new library book, getting to be the door holder at school, or getting to watch her favorite show with Mom and Dad. We want to cultivate the idea that if you look for little blessings everyday….that’s what you will find.
- Each year we give Callie a certain amount of money and she can “order” things for Mama and Daddy for Christmas on Amazon. The gifts are AMAZING as we never know what we are going to get but they always have the sweetest significance to them. We had to institute the dollar amount a few years back as she ordered a 65 inch TV for Daddy. Whoops.
- Callie told me the other day that she created a new slogan…..”Big heart. One Leg. No Problems.” I loved it. I love that she’s feeling so confident in her unique talents and abilities. I love that she’s seemed to grow in confidence with her running blade. I love that she’s leaning in to her differences and owning them.
- I’ve taken to asking Callie the question “What are you made of?” when she gets upset or frustrated. I steer her towards words like grit and grace, courage and fire, bold and strong, and kindness and compassion. We want to teach her that its her inner character that’s the most important thing and her compass.
- Callie is counting down the days until Jumanji 2 comes out. She. Cannot. Wait.
Hi Y'all! I’m Jaime, a proud working mama, author, girl boss and wifey to an ultra-adorable husband. I am a huge book nerd, I drink coffee like my life depends on it, and run on dry shampoo and Amazon Prime. Leopard print is my favorite color. I am a story teller at heart and this blog is a virtual scrapbook of our crazy beautiful life. I'm a Type One Diabetic and our little warrior princess Callie is a lower limb amputee. By sharing how we’ve chosen to flourish in the garden we’ve been planted in, we hope you can take some small nuggets of hope, inspiration, and laughter. We are so grateful that you’ve found us—welcome to the fam. We embrace our perfectly imperfect lives and don’t let the doctor’s appointments, spreadsheets, speaking engagements, 10th birthday parties to plan, housework or date nights overwhelm us. Those things are just the beautiful reminders of all the blessings in our lives. Read More
- November 2020 (4)
- October 2020 (6)
- September 2020 (3)
- August 2020 (1)
- July 2020 (3)
- June 2020 (1)
- May 2020 (5)
- April 2020 (8)
- March 2020 (4)
- February 2020 (8)
- January 2020 (7)
- December 2019 (5)
- November 2019 (5)
- October 2019 (8)
- September 2019 (4)
- August 2019 (4)
- July 2019 (9)
- June 2019 (8)
- May 2019 (10)
- April 2019 (7)
- March 2019 (1)
- February 2019 (33)