We are in full swing of back to school and something that has REALLY helped set the tone for our family is starting out our day with a positive affirmation. We tend to pick a different once each day based on what’s going on with our life–the first week of school was heavily focused on being brave, navigating new places, and making friends, and we’ve found doing so helps Callie center herself before heading into the school day.
We believe affirmations are an amazing tool for kids to use to improve wellbeing, boost self-esteem, encourage creative thinking, decrease stress, and help to develop a positive inner voice–so important any school year but especially entering high school!
Sharing a few of our favorites:
- I am confident, brave, strong and friendly.
- I have good friends, and I am ready to make new friends too.
- I am helpful and kind.
- I can remember new things and find new places.
- I am ready to work hard.
- I am going to take a deep breath, and I will do great.
- I am excited to learn something new.
- Learning is my superpower.
- I learn from my mistakes.
- I can learn anything.
- I focus on my own results.
- Mistakes help me learn and grow.
- I am a problem solver.
- When I don’t succeed I will try again.
- I will always try my best.
- I ask for help when I need it.
- I am brave enough to try.
- I strive for progress, not perfection.
- I can do hard things.
- It might take time and effort, but that’s ok.
- I stick with things and don’t give up.